Weirton Area Port Authority, Inc. (WINC), a Federal assistance (IRS 63-20) qualified, public-benefit, membership corporation and the operational arm of the Weirton Area Port Authority (WAPA), a public governance entity authorized by the West Virginia Public Port Authority.
As a non-profit entity, WINC's charter membership is composed of public & private members with the expertise and desire to develop next-generation "commerce" systems and corridors.
- Establish a 21st-Century transportation and local public safety communications foundation enabling the region to excel in 21st-Century commerce and public safety.
- Establish a Logistics and Technology Village that utilizes new technologies to improve commerce.
- Establish a Regional Operations Center to support the 100-mile catchment area within West Virginia’s Northern Panhandle and the Upper Ohio River Valley’s commerce & transportation services.
- Provide necessary tools to promote safety and resiliency within the Port.
- Significant opportunity to promote long-term economic growth and development for the region.
- Opportunity to stimulate the Port’s 100-mile catchment area’s regional economy.
- Opportunity to bring new businesses & jobs to the Northern Panhandle & surrounding communities.
- Successfully utilize the Northern Panhandle’s location and assets to generate revenue.
WAPA Inc currently has a volunteer staff laying the foundation for port safety & security, virtual port business operations, and communications infrastructure necessary to support DHS and transportation network requirements.
By joining WINC you can help make a difference in moving the community into the 21st Century and play a role in the valleys' economic recovery and job creation.